21 January 2010
Tourism regions to share $5 million for marketing
Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, John Key, has announced that eight groups will share $5 million to market their regions.
This fund will be matched with Regional Tourism Organisations (RTO) and private sector funding to create an unprecedented opportunity to create a $10 million marketing fund, which will be particularly focused on Australia.
The joint venture funding of $10 million will see RTOs and Tourism New Zealand (TNZ) work together in order to maximise marketing impact.
"New Zealand is a collection of beautiful but diverse regions, each with its own unique attractions. This is an opportunity for those regions to use their distinctive selling points to attract Australian visitors while ensuring it is coordinated with TNZ's 100% Pure New Zealand campaign.
"It is also a valuable opportunity to market experiences, seasons and occasions that are unique to a region," Mr Key says.
The funding will go towards raising the profile of the following regions;
- Auckland ($1,000,000)
- Hamilton/Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Dunedin ($250,000)
- Destination Rotorua Tourism Marketing ($600,000)
- Central Park (Rotorua, Taupo, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay, Ruapehu, Coromandel) ($442,000)
- Wellington, Wairarapa, Taranaki and Marlborough ($1,000,000)
- Canterbury ($775,000)
- Queenstown and Lake Wanaka ($463,000)
- Ski Tourism ($370,000)
- RTO Campaign Tracking research($100,000)
Attached: Summary of RTO proposals
RTO update (doc, 40 Kb)Tweet